Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mamas Secret Recipe by Martina Moriarty

How honored I feel that you are my task
your need for me a chain of devotion
restricted by hidden fences!
Those missing years? all for the good, no matter how
unreal they seem!

You are who you are...and who you were at the time?
A passionate heart will light up the darkest dungeon
if governed by the discipline of the soul.
The hand, master of pleasure... will comfort the contrived
we are only human managed by the gifts bestowed upon us.

I have been looking back...Oh but now i'm looking forward
It is time! ...
That I had control of my incubation?

While the entire world slept, I met the warriors of the night drank in their taverns...reading aloud poems they had written for me.
Without shame! ...One or two demonstrated the sacred thrill
To their appetising words.

I have watched them fight-without-fear-for-the-living!
Am I the next chapter?
This is your story
Am I your prodigy?
Blessed with only the Truth in mind
With the sign of Black Friday vans shoes the cross...I knelt for my initiation
At the crossroads of my destiny.

14 June 2010

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment